Introduction to Christian Care and Counselling
This course is not validated by a university.
Who this course is for and entry requirements
The course is designed for anyone who wants to learn about themselves and how to help others effectively, no matter how much or how little previous knowledge and experience they have. It is a reflective course, interactive and personal, using both practical methods and theory.
There are no formal entry qualifications required for this course.
The course is ideal for anyone who is:
- Thinking about full counselling training
- Looking for basic training for pastoral care
- Wanting to help people in everyday life
- Running a small group
- In part-time or full-time Christian ministry
Understand yourself and others from a Christian perspective, with the aim of developing and expanding your listening skills.
Most people need help at times as they journey through life. A sympathetic listening ear is always appreciated, but sometimes people need more. We can help equip you to play a part in the lives of those who are struggling, enabling them to move forward and discover the freedom to grow into all that God desires them to be. Over the five days, you’ll cover topics including:
- The biblical basis for care and counselling
- Reason and causes for problems
- Developing basic counselling skills
- A clear framework for the counselling process
Duration – 5 days
Monday 10.30 am – 8.30 pm
Tues – Thurs 9 am – 8.30 pm
Fri – 9 am – finish after lunch
Course dates 2021-22
- 25-29 October
- 17-21 February 2022 (please note that these dates are Thurs-Monday)
- 27 June – 1 July 2022
- 15-19 August 2022
£360 non-residential/day visitor rate (including refreshments, lunch and dinner)
How to book
You can download an application form here.
Should you require more information about this course please email email@example.com or call 01256 784719 (Tuesday and Friday 8.30-4.30)
One day a week and no lunch is provided
Course dates 2022
- June 21,28 July 5,12,19 2022 (Tuesdays)
How to book
There is no assessment on this course.
On completion, you may want to apply for accredited Counselling or the Spiritual Formation programmes.