Building Community Through Small Groups – 11 Feb 22
Location – Waverley Abbey College, Farnham, Surrey
Friday 11 February 2022
9.00 am – 4.00 pm
Price includes lunch.
Facilitator: Andy Peck
Who is this for?
Small Group leaders and Church leaders keen to utilise small groups better, or develop small groups from scratch
What, if any, are the entry requirements?
Local churches assume that having small groups will enable everyone to grow and the church to develop community. But it doesn’t always happen and in some cases, things get worse! This course looks at how to develop true biblical community with wise and godly leadership and openness to how God is looking to work within us individually and as a group
What is ‘community’ and what is its role in our growth in Christ and growth of churches?
How small groups accomplish what larger groups cannot
Why small groups don’t necessarily develop community
- looking at how small groups may function
- looking at the leadership challenge of developing community
How do we develop community?
- What kind of leadership is needed?
- A look at New Testament principles
- The need for a degree of pain and the enormous blessings that come
- Can you incorporate newcomers?
How facing the challenging types of people in your small groups leads to community?
Managing conflict in a small group?
Is it always possible to resolve tensions?
How is the learning delivered?
Teaching using powerpoint slides and small group discussion with fuller notes available via the web
What are the learning outcomes?
- Know what you are aiming for
- Understand how to lead a group towards greater community
- Assessing the kind of behaviours which aid and hinder community
- Develop strategies to help your group’s relationships