7 imperatives in troubled times
Time: 9.00 am – 4.00 pm
Price includes lunch.
Who is this for?
Leaders – mainly church and missional.
What, if any, are the entry requirements?
2020 was a momentous year. The landscape in which we now do mission has changed considerably. In this course we shall be exploring some of the challenges that lie before us as Christian communities. The teaching is framed around seven themes, many of which highlight the tensions that leaders face as they navigate a post-covid context.
- Embracing technology but holding that in tension with the physicality of our faith.
- Finding the right balance between safety and safetyism
- Maximising the opportunities for the gospel but also being vigilant about civil and religious liberties.
- Exercising discernment on matters of social justice
- Preparing ourselves for the long haul.
- Not losing sight of the sovereignty of God.
- Maintaining the unity of the faith and the unity of the Spirit.
How is the training delivered?
Teaching using PowerPoint slides and small group discussion with fuller notes available via the web.
What are the learning outcomes?
A greater awareness of the missiological tensions that exists post-covid.
An ability to interact with the Christian tradition as well as contemporary culture.
An ability to differentiate between what is important and what is secondary as we try to maintain the unity of the Spirit.
About the facilitator
Ian Stackhouse is a pastor of nearly three decades, currently the Senior Pastor of Millmead, Guildford Baptist Church. He has written numerous books and articles, and teaches in seminaries both in the UK and overseas.